Terms and Conditions of Sale
Published prices are generally exclusive of shipping costs and federal, state, and local taxes of any nature. All taxes applicable to products ordered shall be paid by Buyer except when Buyer provides Mainstream Engineering Corporation with a recognized tax exemption certificate. Taxes will be charged and are payable until a valid tax exemption certificate is on file. When shipping costs are included in the price, this fact will be clearly stated as “FOB Origin.”
- PAYMENT TERMS
Payment for the first order is to be made at the time of order (prepaid) by either check, MasterCard, or VISA credit card. Normal terms for customers with approved credit are 2%/10, net/30 from the invoice date. A finance charge of 1.5% per month is assessed on all amounts not paid within 30 days of the invoice date. The finance charge becomes a part of the repayment program and must be paid before the account is returned to good standing. Overdue and delinquent account balances are subject to being placed for collection, and Buyer shall pay all expenses incurred including collection fees, court costs, and reasonable attorneys’ fees. This shall apply at all levels: trial, appellate, or bankruptcy court. In the event Buyer’s account is overdue, Buyer agrees that Mainstream Engineering Corporation may offset the account balance or any portion thereof against any funds due Buyer by Mainstream Engineering Corporation irrespective of whether the amounts arise out of the same transaction. Buyer will also be in default if any term of any other agreement with Mainstream Engineering Corporation executed by Buyer is violated.
- CREDIT HOLD
Invoices are past due if not paid within invoice terms. Past due accounts will be placed on credit hold and are subject to shipping delays until the account is brought current. Accounts with an unpaid balance beyond 90 days past due will be turned over to a collection agency for collection. Buyer is responsible for all unpaid balances, accumulated finance charges, and collection costs incurred by Mainstream Engineering Corporation in the effort to collect the past due amount.
- BUYER’S PURCHASE ORDER: CONFLICT OF TERMS
In the event Buyer submits a purchase order with written terms at variance or in conflict with the terms and conditions of sale contained herein, such purchase order terms shall have no effect to the extent that they conflict, and Mainstream Engineering Corporation “Terms and Conditions of Sale” shall prevail.
Deliveries shall be subject to and contingent upon: (1) Timely receipt of order by Mainstream Engineering Corporation and (2) Buyer qualification of credit requirements. Mainstream Engineering Corporation shall not be liable for failure to meet required delivery due to credit clearance requirements or to causes beyond its control, including, without limitation, strikes and other labor difficulty, riot, war, fire, delay or default of common carrier, or other delays beyond Mainstream Engineering Corporation’s reasonable control.
- DISCREPANCY CLAIMS – FAILED DELIVERY CLAIMS
When merchandise is shipped FOB origin, the risk of loss due to damage or shortage or non-delivery due to carrier fault lies with the Buyer. All claims for damage or shortages should be made by Buyer upon receipt of material and filed with the carrier handling the shipment. Claims stemming from discrepancies between invoice descriptions or quantities and actual product received by buyer must be submitted to Mainstream Engineering Corporation in writing within three (3) days of the invoice date. Any such claim not presented within the time limit specified will be waived, and actual delivery of invoiced descriptions or quantities will be conclusively presumed. If Buyer disputes delivery of merchandise, Buyer may, within three (3) days from date of invoice, submit a written request to Mainstream Engineering Corporation for a copy of the carrier’s proof of delivery. Failure by Buyer to request such proof of delivery within three (3) days will result in a waiver of Buyer’s right to raise the issue of delivery, and thereafter delivery will be conclusively presumed.
- RETURN POLICY–
Product in resalable condition may be returned for credit toward other products under the following conditions and schedule:
- Mainstream Engineering Corporation reserves the sole right to establish the fitness and value for resale purposes.
- No cash refunds will be given for returned merchandise.
- Age is determined based on date of shipment from Mainstream Engineering Corporation.
- For product less than one year old – a 20% restocking fee will be applied and the balance credited toward other products.
- For product that is one-two years old – a 50% restocking fee will applied and the balance credited toward other products.
- No credit will be issued for product in excess of two years old.
- Buyer must request and obtain prior written approval, a valid Return Material Authorization (RMA) number, and specific shipping instructions prior to returning any item(s).
- No product or equipment of any kind shall be returned without such approval. Any product or equipment returned without such approval will not be accepted.
- ACCEPTANCE OF SALES ORDERS
All sales are subject to acceptance and no sales are final until accepted by Mainstream Engineering Corporation at its principal place of business: 200 Yellow Place, Pines Industrial Center, Rockledge, FL 32955. Establishment or increase of a line of credit will be considered upon receipt of a completed and signed credit application, accompanied by a current financial statement, current DUNS number, or prior year 1120 Tax Return. Buyer understands and agrees that Mainstream Engineering Corporation is under no obligation to extend credit to Buyer regardless of the accuracy of the information provided by Buyer. Failure to supply all credit information will affect the available credit limit provided.
- BLANKET PURCHASE ORDERS
Acceptance of Blanket Purchase Orders by Mainstream Engineering Corporation shall be binding in their entirety upon the Buyer and shall be non-cancellable. Blanket orders must be completely filled within a twelve (12) month time period.
- Prices do not include shipping costs or any applicable sales tax.
- All orders over $1000 are shipped freight allowed (Fed Ex Ground) provided the total order is invoiced to only one place and shipped to only one destination within the continental U.S. The “invoice to” address and the “ship to” address may be different locations.
- Any combination of the listed products may be made to meet the purchase order value required for column “A,” “B” or “C” pricing.
- Invoice payment terms are 2%/10, net 30 from the invoice date unless otherwise stated on invoice.
- Broken case quantities are priced as Column A.
- These prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- Prices shown for QT3000, QT3001, QT3002, QT3004, QT3007, QT3008 and QT3009 include cost for test grading and return postage. Also included is a confirmation letter and certification card upon successful completion of the test.
Mainstream Engineering Corporation warrants that all Mainstream QwikProducts® are free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 90 days after purchase. Either the customer or the wholesaler selling the product can contact Mainstream Customer Service (800.866.3550). Mainstream will provide specific instructions to resolve the problem quickly and easily.MKTG000131
- ACCEPTANCESeller shall be bound by this Purchase Order and all the terms and conditions hereof upon its written acknowledgment or acceptance of this Purchase order, or upon the delivery of all or any part of the products or services ordered herein. Any waiver, alteration or modification of the terms and conditions of this Purchase Order, to be valid, must be in writing and signed on behalf of Buyer by its authorized agent.
- DELIVERYTime is of the essence, and we reserve the right to cancel all or any portion of this Purchase Order, without expenses to us, if same is not delivered by time specified.
- PRICEThe Price is fixed and firm unless specified on the face of the Purchase Order.
- TERMS OF PAYMENTThe terms of payment are, “Payment within 30 days following receipt of invoices and goods, subject to any agreed upon discounts.”
- DISCLOSURE OF TECHNICAL INFORMATIONAll patterns, drawings, documents and information supplied by the Buyer shall remain the property of the Buyer, and must be returned in good condition on request or on completion of the Purchase Order, and shall not be copied or used for any other purpose than for the completion of the Purchase Order.
- QUALITYNo warranties provided by law shall be modified, limited or excluded.
- SUB-LETThe Vendor shall not without the consent in writing of the Buyer sub-let the Purchase Order or any part thereof and shall furnish copies of all subcontracts to the Buyer. Vendor shall remain liable thereunder to Buyer notwithstanding any sublet. The terms of this Purchase Order shall be binding upon all subcontractors.
- MATERIALS FURNISHEDAll materials or equipment furnished by the Buyer. to the Vendor shall be carefully preserved and protected by the Vendor while in Vendor’s possession or under its control, and the Vendor will reimburse the Buyer for any loss or damage to such materials or equipment while in the Vendor’s possession or control.
- GOVERNMENT PROPERTYIf this purchase order is for performance of a Federal Government Prime contract, Government Property clause FAR 52.245-1 applies and any and all material may become property of the Federal Government.
- INSPECTIONThe Buyer’s Inspectors shall at all reasonable times have access to the premises of the Vendor or its Subcontractors for the purpose of inspecting and testing the goods during or after manufacture, and may reject or require adjustment for anything that does not conform with the Purchase Order. No such inspection or failure to inspect by the Buyer shall relieve the Vendor of any responsibility or liability with respect to such goods.
- INDEMNIFICATIONSeller agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Buyer, its employees and customers from and against any and all loss liability damages, cost, attorney’s fees or other expenses incidental thereto of any kind and nature whatsoever, on account of any claims or suits for bodily injury or death to any person or any loss or damage to or destruction of property arising out of any actual or alleged defects in the products described herein, or arising out of any actual or alleged breach by Seller of its express or implied warranties made pursuant hereto, or arising out of Seller’s negligence or strict liabilities resulting from or relating to the products described herein. In the event of any claim, expenses, including attorney’s fees incidental thereto, the Seller agrees that the Statute of Limitation for purposes of any suit or liability against Seller in regard to the products described herein will start to run as of the time that actual damages accrue which result in loss or property damage.
- PATENTSeller shall defend at its expense and shall indemnify Buyer and its customers from any liability and costs resulting from actual or alleged infringement of any U.S. patents or trademarks relating to the products described herein provided that Buyer shall give prompt written notice and full cooperation to Seller, who shall have the sole right to defend or compromise.
- RISK OF LOSSUntil delivered to and accepted by the Buyer the goods shall remain at the risk of the Vendor who shall insure the same against all risk and loss.
- PACKING AND SHIPPINGAll packing cases, barrels, or packing material not charged at the time of invoicing the goods will be considered not returnable, and will be destroyed. If charged, they will be returned at the Vendor’s expense.
- DPASThis is a rated order certified for national defense use, and you are required to follow all the provisions of the Defense Priorities and Allocations System Regulation (15 CFR part 700) and should be flowed down to your suppliers.
- NOTICE TO SHIPPERSThe Buyer will not be responsible for any failure to give notice to Shippers of loss, damage, incorrect delivery, delay, detention in transit or non-delivery.
- COMPLIANCE WITH STATUTORY REQUIREMENTSVendor warrants its compliance with the Fair Labor Standards Act and all other applicable Federal and State statutes. Certification of compliance must be indicated on the Seller’s invoice.
- NOTICE OF LABOR DISPUTESWhenever an actual or potential labor dispute or any other event that is delaying or threatening to delay the performance of this Purchase Order occurs, Vendor will immediately give notice thereof to the Buyer.
- CANCELLATIONThe Buyer has the right to cancel this order at any time with two (2) weeks notice and will pay a fair and reasonable price for work completed to the expiration date of that notice, less salvage value.
- ARBITRATIONAny and all controversies arising under or out of, or in connection with or relating to or for the breach of the agreement for which this is a part, may be settled by arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association at the Buyer’s option. Judgment upon the award rendered by the Arbitrators may be entered in any Court having jurisdiction thereof. Unless the Buyer shall otherwise agree, arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in the State of Florida and in accordance with the Laws of that State.
- REMEDIESThe remedies herein reserved shall be cumulative and additional to any other or further remedies provided in law or equate.
- GENERAL PROVISIONSBuyer’s waiver of any default of Seller shall not constitute a waiver of any remedies given by law as provided for thereunder for any subsequent default.
- EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYSeller hereby agrees to comply with Executive Order 11246, as amended, and its implementing Regulations (including the equal opportunity clause set forth in Section 202 of such Order) and Section 60-1.4 (a) of the Regulations of the Secretary of Labor, Title 41 CFR, Chapter 60, Parts 1-60, which are incorporated into this Purchase Order by reference. In addition, this Purchase Order incorporates by reference the Affirmative Action clauses of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 at 41 CFR Section 60-741.1 and the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, at 41 CFR Section 60-2050.4, as amended.
- COMPLIANCE WITH THE EXCLUDED PARTIES LIST SYSTEMSupplier acknowledges and agrees that their company is not listed on the Excluded Parties List System; a public service provided by the General Services Administration (GSA) for the purpose of efficiently and conveniently disseminating information on parties that are excluded from receiving Federal contracts, certain subcontracts, and certain Federal financial and nonfinancial assistance and benefits, pursuant to the provisions of 31 U.S.C. 6101, note, E.O. 12549, E.O. 12689, 48 CFR 9.404, and each agency’s codification of the Common Rule for Nonprocurement suspension and debarment.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATIONDFAR 252.204-7000 Disclosure of Information, Written permission is required prior to disseminating any information related to this Purchase Order.
- COMPLIANCE WITH SAFEGUARDING COVERED DEFENSE INFORMATION AND CYBER INCIDENT REPORTINGSupplier acknowledges and agrees that they are in compliance with DFARS 252.204-7012 if goods and/or services provided on this order are in connection with any U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) program. Supplier further agrees that this requirement is flowed down to all subcontractors including commercial items suppliers.
- THE SUPPLIER / VENDOR / EXTERNAL PROVIDER(S) SHALL:
- implement a quality management system;
- use Mainstream Engineering’s or its customer-designated or approved external providers, including process sources (e.g., special processes);
- notify Mainstream Engineering of nonconforming processes, products, or services and obtain approval for their disposition;
- prevent the use of counterfeit parts;
- notify Mainstream Engineering of changes to processes, products, or services, including changes of their external providers or location of manufacture, and obtain the Mainstream Engineering’s approval;
- flow down to external providers applicable requirements including Mainstream Engineering’s customer requirements;
- provide test specimens for design approval, inspection/verification, investigation, or auditing;
- retain documented information for a minimum of 5 years;
- provide the right of access by Mainstream Engineering, our customer, and regulatory authorities to the applicable areas of vendor facilities and to applicable documented information, at any level of the supply chain;
- be aware of:
- their contribution to product or service conformity;
- their contribution to product safety;
- the importance of ethical behavior.
- All Mainstream employees will take any action to comply with FAR 52.222-56 to prohibit trafficking in persons. Any concerns at Mainstream and with our subcontractors should be brought to the Ethics Program Director’s attention immediately.
- 52.223-99 Ensuring Adequate COVID-19 Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. (DEVIATION 21-03)
The Buyer reserves the right to reject the goods if they do not correspond with the Purchase Order in quality, fitness, description or quantity, and to return rejected good to the Vendor at the Vendor’s expense.
Materials other than those specified must not be substituted without prior written authority from the Buyer. The Buyer assumes no responsibility for materials furnished or services rendered, except as specially provided in this Purchase Order.